Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Something to do with those Easter eggs or make a batch fresh.
Make and share this Jalapeno Egg Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 pickled jalapeno peppers or 1 fresh jalapeno, seeds and stems removed, diced
- 1 tablespoon green onion, finely chopped, green part only
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (or more to taste)
- 1 -2 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and black pepper
- bread or tortilla chips, for serving
- Peel the eggs and roughly chop. Gently stir in the jalapeno, green onion, ground cumin, mayonnaise, mustard and lemon juice. Add salt, black pepper to taste.
- Serve either on bread for a sandwich or tortilla chips as a dip.
The perfectly updated egg salad! It adds the perfect crunch without resorting to the typical celery or asparagus remedies. I had oddly large jalape?os, so 1 fresh jalape?o to a dozen eggs was more than enough spice. I substituted dill for cilantro (what was available) and 1 tbl whole grain mustard plus 1 tbl dijon mustard for the yellow mustard. The best egg salad I've ever had!
I regret halving the recipe this is so good. I made it exactly as written and the combination of spices (I used a fresh jalapeno) and seasonings was utter perfection. This is my new egg salad recipe. The only tip I would give is to let it sit for a half hour in the fridge to meld the flavors.
No trouble putting this fine salad together! It all came together to total perfection, and it's a shame I didn't make more. This recipe really tastes terrific, even better the next day on some crackers. Thanks so much!