Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe can be used with any fresh pasta found at your local grocery store or home made pasta. Its creamy with a little kick of spice.
- 16 ounces fresh pasta (Linguini, Tortellini or Ravioli )
- 4 ounces unsalted butter
- 8 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 3 -4 fresh garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 -2 fresh jalapeno (seeded and minced)
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 -4 tablespoons pico de gallo (for garnish) (optional) or 3 -4 tablespoons salsa (for garnish) (optional)
- 3 -4 sprigs fresh cilantro (for garnish) (optional)
- Melt butter in a saute pan over low heat. Add fresh, minced garlic and lightly brown. Careful not to burn the butter! Add heavy cream and cook approximately 4-6 minutes over medium heat, letting sauce reduce until it coats the back of a spoon. Add salt and pepper to taste, then add fresh, minced jalapeno and remove from heat.
- As you are making the sauce, boil 4 quarts of water. Add fresh pasta to boiling water and cook for approximately 2-3 minutes. Drain water, add pasta to saute pan with jalapeno cream sauce and mix together. Plate pasta and sauce in pasta bowls and garnish with fresh pico de gallo and/or a sprig of fresh cilantro. Serve immediately. Makes about 3-4 servings.
This is a good and easy recipe. Used half and half and it still turned out great. Husband loved it over red chili fettuccine with tilipia. Thanks