Recipe by andypandy
fat reduced corn bread fast and simple....use either low fat buttermilk and cheese or non fat products works either way.
Top Review by Sara J.
This was ok.....could use more of everything......more cheese, more jalapeno and a bit more sugar. I ended up whipping up a brown sugar butter to help the flavor a bit. Not bad, but was expecting more based on the reviews.
- 1 1⁄4 cups cornmeal
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat-free buttermilk or 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 2 beaten egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup corn kernel (frozen or fresh thawed)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded nonfat cheddar cheese
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped fine jalapeno pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry ingredients and combine well.
- Combine wet ingredients stir well.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients just until moist.
- Fold in the corn, cheese, and peppers.
- Spray a 9 inch skillet with a cooking spray.
- Spread batter evenly.
- Bake 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes, or Just until a tester comes away clean.
- Remove and let sit four to five minutes before cutting into wedges.