fat reduced corn bread fast and simple....use either low fat buttermilk and cheese or non fat products works either way.
- 1 1⁄4 cups cornmeal
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat-free buttermilk or 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 2 beaten egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup corn kernel (frozen or fresh thawed)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded nonfat cheddar cheese
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped fine jalapeno pepper
- Combine dry ingredients and combine well.
- Combine wet ingredients stir well.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients just until moist.
- Fold in the corn, cheese, and peppers.
- Spray a 9 inch skillet with a cooking spray.
- Spread batter evenly.
- Bake 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes, or Just until a tester comes away clean.
- Remove and let sit four to five minutes before cutting into wedges.