1/1 Photo of Jalapeno Cornbread Low Fat to No Fat
fat reduced corn bread fast and simple....use either low fat buttermilk and cheese or non fat products works either way.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups cornmeal
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free buttermilk or 1 1/2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 2 beaten egg whites
- 3/4 cup corn kernel (frozen or fresh thawed)
- 1/2 cup shredded nonfat cheddar cheese
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped fine jalapeno pepper
- 1Combine dry ingredients and combine well.
- 2Combine wet ingredients stir well.
- 3Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients just until moist.
- 4Fold in the corn, cheese, and peppers.
- 5Spray a 9 inch skillet with a cooking spray.
- 6Spread batter evenly.
- 7Bake 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes, or Just until a tester comes away clean.
- 8Remove and let sit four to five minutes before cutting into wedges.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeno Cornbread Low Fat to No Fat
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.4
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 152.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: