Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A good, spicy cornbread - goes well with blackened or southwest style fish or a veggie dinner.
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 2 cups self-rising white cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2 cups nonfat cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 ounces jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Grease and flour a 9x13 baking pan.
- Mix the creamed corn, cornmeal, oil and eggs.
- Fold in the sour cream, cheese and jalapenos.
- Heat the pan in the oven for 3 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and return to the oven.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, until an inserted knife comes out clean.