Recipe by seesko
From my most recent issue of Cooking Light. Makes 9 pieces with each piece being about 110 calories. Will be having this with soup.
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup cream-style corn
- 1⁄4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup 1% fat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeno peppers
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, baking powder and garlic powder. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into a 1-quart. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 425°F for 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into squares; serve warm.