Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Slightly non-traditional cornbread. Goes great with Smokey Apple Bacon Chili
Make and share this Jalapeno Cornbread recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup bread flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 15 ounces creamed corn
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 medium jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and sugar.
- Combine with corn, oil, sour cream, cheese, jalapenos, onions, and eggs.
- Pour into greased pan. Bake about 1 hour at 350 degrees.