1/1 Photo of Jalapeno Cornbread
The Chilli just gives it that bit of kick, but it goes really well with stew, or anything hearty and juicy that could use a side of delicious bread!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius. Grease a loaf pan with butter or olive oil, and line sides with baking paper.
- 2Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl. Stir in the Cornmeal and salt, and make a well in the centre.
- 3In a separate bowl lightly whisk together the egg, Buttermilk, and olive oil. Gradually add this to the Flour mixture and stir until smooth.
- 4Add the corn, chilli and 1 cup of the cheese to the mixture, stirring through to combine.
- 5Pour the mixture into your prepared loaf tin, and sprinkle with remaining cheddar.
- 6Bake for 35 minutes or until you can insert a metal skewer into the centre and it comes out clean.
- 7Set aside for 5 mins to cool, then turn onto a bread board or wire rack. Slice to desire thickness and serve!
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeno Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 593.5
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 139.9 mg
- Sodium 1355.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 25.1 g