The Chilli just gives it that bit of kick, but it goes really well with stew, or anything hearty and juicy that could use a side of delicious bread!
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius. Grease a loaf pan with butter or olive oil, and line sides with baking paper.
- Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl. Stir in the Cornmeal and salt, and make a well in the centre.
- In a separate bowl lightly whisk together the egg, Buttermilk, and olive oil. Gradually add this to the Flour mixture and stir until smooth.
- Add the corn, chilli and 1 cup of the cheese to the mixture, stirring through to combine.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared loaf tin, and sprinkle with remaining cheddar.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until you can insert a metal skewer into the centre and it comes out clean.
- Set aside for 5 mins to cool, then turn onto a bread board or wire rack. Slice to desire thickness and serve!