Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another excellent variation of regular cornbread. Spicy! Delicious!
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 cup self-rising yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) cream-style corn
- 1 egg
- 3 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, shredded
- Cook ground chuck and onions together; drain.
- Spray black skillet with cooking spray.
- Mix all other ingredients except ground chuck and onions.
- Pour ½ of batter in skillet.
- Add hamburger, onion, and cheese mixture. Pour remaining ½ of batter on top.
- Bake 425 degrees for 1 hour.