Recipe by MarraMamba
These are yummy, no cheese in this one but the honey or maple butter fits perfectly here, even with the jalapeño. Recipe makes 8 muffins so for small families it wont be to much. Just double the amounts for more. From TOH
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons brown sugar (or Splenda brown blend)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper (minced, and use 1/2 if less of a kick is wanted)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl combine first 7 ingredients.
- In another bowl, combine the egg, sour cream, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in jalapeño and corn.
- Coat muffin cups with nonstick spray, fill 2/3s full with batter. Bake at 400°F for 14-16 minutes until tester comes out clean.
- In a small bowl combine honey and butter; serve with warm muffins.