1/2 Photos of Jalapeno Corn Chowder
Corn season comes to an end just as cool evenings make their entrance. That means it's prime time to prepare corn chowder using those last few ears.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ears corn or 3 cups loose frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup light cream
- 1 -2 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 7/8 ounces jars roasted red peppers, drained and chopped (1/4 cup) or 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1Cut off kernels from the ears of corn, if using whole fresh corn.
- 2In a blender container, combine half of the corn and the broth.
- 3Blend till nearly smooth.
- 4In a large saucepan, combine broth mixture and remaining corn kernels.
- 5Stir in milk or light cream, jalapeno peppers and red peppers or diced pimientos.
- 6Heat through.
- 7Top each serving with cheese.
- 8Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeno Corn Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (365 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.5
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 25.2 mg
- Sodium 737.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 12.5 g