Prep 45 mins
Cook 5 mins
Rice pilaf would make a good accompaniment.
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 jalapenos, seeded, minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into large pieces
- 1 orange bell pepper, but into large pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into large wedges
- wood skewer
- Preheat grill. Soak long wooden skewers in a bowl of water.
- Combine orange juice, lime juice, honey, oil, garlic, jalapeno, cumin, zest,and salt in a large bowl; whisk well. Add shrimp to bowl, cover and marinate 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Lightly season with salt and pepper the bell pepper and onion pieces. Remove shrimp from marinade and thread onto wooden skewers, along with bell peppers and onion. Cook on the grill until vegetables are lightly browned and shrimp is no longer pink, 3 to 5 minutes, turning once.