Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A beautiful, fresh salsa that works well with salads.
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced (discard seeds if you dislike heat, add another pepper if you love spicy salsa)
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped into small pieces
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, smashed & finely diced
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2 limes, squeezed for their juice
- 59.14 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 mango, chopped into squares (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in bowl, mix well to coat all with lime juice and salt. Adjust to taste (saltiness, spiciness, sourness). Let sit for 1-2 hours to allow flavours to blend. TIP: Try adding mango when it’s in season for a delicious, juicy mango salsa!
Made this as written...I didn't add the mango though. It was a fabulous fresh tasting salsa that was just right. I did double the recipe so there would be enough for DH and I. Served it with Mexican Rice#154373 and Rosarita Vegetarian Chile (Chile) Relleno Bake#311633 for Fall Pick a Chef 2009.
Teenage DD prepared this for me on Mothers Day 2009. It is delicious, fresh and vibrant! Thanks for sharing! p.s. next time we will try optional mango as additional flavor
OMG this salsa is fabulous. I've been wanting to make my own salsa to save money and have fresh food at home. It's just a wonderful fresh salsa.