Recipe by Roy A.
A beautiful, fresh salsa that works well with salads.
Top Review by mama smurf
Made this as written...I didn't add the mango though. It was a fabulous fresh tasting salsa that was just right. I did double the recipe so there would be enough for DH and I. Served it with Recipe#154373#154373 and Recipe#311633#311633 for Fall Pick a Chef 2009.
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced (discard seeds if you dislike heat, add another pepper if you love spicy salsa)
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped into small pieces
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, smashed & finely diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 limes, squeezed for their juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 mango, chopped into squares (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in bowl, mix well to coat all with lime juice and salt. Adjust to taste (saltiness, spiciness, sourness). Let sit for 1-2 hours to allow flavours to blend. TIP: Try adding mango when it’s in season for a delicious, juicy mango salsa!