Recipe by Andi the grate
I have moved a few hundred miles away from the nearest 'Famous Dave's BBQ'. At the persistance of my boyfriend, I had to come up with something similar to their ' Sweet Soul Jalapeño dipping sauce'. Here's what I came up with. Seeing as though all I had to go on was memory, I don't know if it's really close or not. Nor will I be able to taste some of the real stuff any time soon for comparison... but this is gooooood. Please feel free to z-mail me with any suggestions on how to make it more accurate.
Top Review by olensbro
I live near a famous daves and went there just for that sauce, but the quit having it. the only real discrepancy. I saw with this recipe was I think it's. missing fresh ginger. I also doubled the spices and omitted the sugar. may be better than famous daves
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple, juices squeezed out and reserved
- 6 ounces apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon molasses
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 dash red pepper flakes
- 1 dash onion powder
- 1 dash garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the jalepeno in a small amout of oil until translucent, add garlic and saute 2 minutes more.
- Dump in the remaining ingredients except pineapple juice.
- Stir to combine.
- Add some of the pineapple juice to get the consistency you want.
- Simmer 15 min to combine flavors.
- Cool and refrigerate.