Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe comes from the Tabasco website. In addition to using it as a spread for crackers, I've also used it as a sandwich spread.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup minced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno peppers
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Finely chop chicken with a knife or in a food processor.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until tender and golden on all sides, stirring frequently.
- Combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, milk, red pepper, jalapeño, lemon juice, salt, Tabasco sauce and cooked chicken in a bowl and mix until well blended.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spoon chicken mixture into an oven-safe crock or small casserole.
- Bake 20 minutes or until mixture is hot and bubbly.
- Serve with crisp crackers or pita triangles.
This is very very good. I used it (unheated) as a sandwich spread. I cooked a whole chicken breast in olive oil with a sprinkle of garlic & herb seasoning, then shredded & chopped once it was done. Also used light cream cheese, light mayo, pickled jalapenos and left out the milk so it would be thicker. Thanks for the recipe!
Great flavor!! We especially liked it with crackers and celery sticks. After reading the other reviews I decided to follow the recipe exactly and cook the raw chicken in the olive oil. I'm glad I did because I think that it adds flavor. The flavors were blanced and great. DH rolled the leftovers in tortillas, warming them and ate it for lunch - happily. He's asked me to make it again ;) Thanks bobo3039.
I made this tonight as a trial run to see if I would like it for future parties. To save time, I used a 6 oz. package of Louis Rich Chicken Shortcuts. This saved the step of cooking the chicken in olive oil. I used up the last of the jalapenos from our garden, and increased the red bell pepper. This was good, but I think we like Bonnie's Buffalo Chicken Dip better. We also ate it with both fresh baked bread sticks and tortilla chips, and the tortilla chips seemed to taste better with it. I'm not sure if I'd make it again since we like other similar recipes better, but I am giving it 4 stars because it was good.