Recipe by iris5555
This recipe comes from the Tabasco website. In addition to using it as a spread for crackers, I've also used it as a sandwich spread.
Top Review by flower7
This is very very good. I used it (unheated) as a sandwich spread. I cooked a whole chicken breast in olive oil with a sprinkle of garlic & herb seasoning, then shredded & chopped once it was done. Also used light cream cheese, light mayo, pickled jalapenos and left out the milk so it would be thicker. Thanks for the recipe!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup minced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno peppers
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop chicken with a knife or in a food processor.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until tender and golden on all sides, stirring frequently.
- Combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, milk, red pepper, jalapeño, lemon juice, salt, Tabasco sauce and cooked chicken in a bowl and mix until well blended.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spoon chicken mixture into an oven-safe crock or small casserole.
- Bake 20 minutes or until mixture is hot and bubbly.
- Serve with crisp crackers or pita triangles.