Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was a winning recipe in Home Cooking magazine, and after tasting, you will see why. The creaminess of the dressing perfectly compliments the spice of the jalapenos. I adapted this a little and my family loves it! It's delicious on a bed of fresh greens, or rolled into a tortilla. This is also a hit served in a bowl with cornbread crackers to use as dippers. NOTE: The 20 minute prep time does NOT include the time it takes to cook the chicken.
- 2⁄3 cup salad dressing
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 cups chicken breasts, cooked, skin removed, chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pickled jalapeno pepper, diced
- salt and pepper
- Mix the mayonnaise and lime juice until very smooth in a small bowl.
- Toss the chicken, bell pepper, onion, celery, and jalapenos in a large bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise mixture and toss until evently coated.
- Chill approximately 30 minutes and serve.