Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted to serve 4 from South Beach Diet online. Phase 1. This recipe has just become a family favorite! We finally got around to making this minus the red peppers and substituting fresh jalapenos with jarred. DELICIOUS!! I would rate this 5 stars; I hope you will love it, too.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cooked and cut in strips
- 2⁄3 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped finely
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise, low-fat is even better
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped finely
- 1 (4 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, diced
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Phase 1, serve on a bed of salad greens.
- Phase 2 & 3, serve with lettuce in a whole wheat pita or whole wheat wrap.