Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Since I have a wheat allergy (and many others), I spend a lot of time on some low carb websites, looking for wheat-free ideas for lunch. I found this recipe on Miz. Frog's Pad. It's a nice change from regular chicken salad. I've changed the number of servings to 3 instead of 2 because it was a lot to eat. The cook time is the chill time.
- 78.07 ml celery, diced
- 59.14 ml green onion, sliced
- 59.14 ml low-fat mayonnaise
- 14.79 ml dried parsley
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 1 pickled jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped fine
- 56.69 g jar diced pimentos
- 340.19 g cooked chicken breasts
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in a bowl and mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir in chicken.
- Cover and chill before serving.
- Serve over mixed greens.
Yummy chicken salad, with a nice little taste of spice from the jalapenos. I halved the recipe but left the jalapeno as described. Made a great chicken salad. Made for Potluck tag!
Wow! We need more stars!!! This has such a great kick to it. Love the jalapeno's and the crunch of the celery. This has a nice presentation and I would be happy to serve it to my guest. I cooked some extra chicken from my recipe Ww Jalapeno Chicken to use in this dish. DH loved this and he hates chicken and salad. I will be making this again and again. Thanks for posting. :)
the flavors blended well but needed some amount adjustments, I also added in garlic powder, seasoned salt and fresh ground black pepper, allowed it to chill overnight, great recipe thanks LA!