1/1 Photo of Jalapeno Chicken Salad
(UPDATE: I just found out that the creator of this recipe is Recipezaar member dawnie2u! How cool is that?) I just got this recipe from Cook's Country magazine. A cook named Dawn from San Diego, California submitted it to the magazine and won first place in a chicken salad contest. We loved it so much, I thought I'd share it right away. You can find the pickled jalapeños in a can in the Mexican/ethnic section at the supermarket. You can also use this recipe for tuna. I served this over tostadas (crispy fried tortillas).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/2 medium celery rib, finely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced pickled jalapeno chili, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1Mix mayonnaise and lime juice in a small bowl until combined.
- 2Toss chicken, celery, onion, bell pepper, cilantro, and jalapeños in a large bowl.
- 3Add the mayonnaise mixture and toss until evenly coated.
- 4Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Serve or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeno Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.9
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 59.2 mg
- Sodium 336.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 18.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: