Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Country Home Magazine, a quick and yummy soup for a crisp autumn day!
- 3 cups frozen corn
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup roasted red pepper, strips
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- Slice roasted red pepper strips into thin slices. Carefully remove stem and seeds from the jalapeno peppers and discard; finely chop the peppers.
- In a blender combine the chicken broth with 1 1/2 cups of the corn. Blend until nearly smooth.
- In a large saucepan combine the broth mixture and the remaining 1 1/2 cups of corn. Stir in cooked chicken, milk, red peppers, and jalapenos. Simmer over medium heat until heated through.
- Garnish each serving with Monterey Jack cheese.
Delish soup for a fall day! :) I used homemade chicken broth and also added in some Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime seasoning and some salt! Thanks for posting!
Great soup! I roasted a red pepper and then proceeded with the recipe as direct. The flavors were wonderful, and the red and green colors were pretty in the yellowy soup. Thanks for sharing!
This is a super simple soup! We especially loved the heat from the jalapenos and the sweetness of the corn. Think this would be great made from fresh corn. I did use a small jar of pimentos instead of the roasted red pepper (didn't have any). Will definitely make this again and used the roasted red pepper next time. Made for 1~2~3 Hits. Thanks for posting this loof!!!