Recipe by weekend cooker
Instead of using jalapenos, you can substitute 1 (7 ounce) can chopped green chilies. It won't be as hot. You can also substitute turkey for the chicken.
Top Review by Colin G.
Made this with a precooked rotisserie chicken & corn tortillas instead of chips; it was great! Thought 6 jalapenos would be too spicy, but if you make sure to get all the seeds it's fine.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 6 jalapenos, seeded, and chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) sour cream
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (12 ounce) package nacho cheese flavored tortilla chips, slightly crushed
- 4 -5 cups cooked chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded Mexican blend cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook chicken breasts until done.
- In a large skillet saute onions in margarine.
- Drain spinach by using several paper towels to squeeze all water out of spinach.
- Add spinach, jalapenos, sour cream, chicken soup, salt, and ground cumin to onions and mix well.
- In a greased 9x13 inch baking dish, layer half of tortilla chips, half of chicken, half spinach soup mixture, and 1/2 cheese.
- Repeat layers again , but without the cheese.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle remaining cheese over top and return to oven for 4 minutes or until the cheese melts.