Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Instead of using jalapenos, you can substitute 1 (7 ounce) can chopped green chilies. It won't be as hot. You can also substitute turkey for the chicken.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 6 jalapenos, seeded, and chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) sour cream
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (12 ounce) package nacho cheese flavored tortilla chips, slightly crushed
- 4 -5 cups cooked chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded Mexican blend cheese
- Cook chicken breasts until done.
- In a large skillet saute onions in margarine.
- Drain spinach by using several paper towels to squeeze all water out of spinach.
- Add spinach, jalapenos, sour cream, chicken soup, salt, and ground cumin to onions and mix well.
- In a greased 9x13 inch baking dish, layer half of tortilla chips, half of chicken, half spinach soup mixture, and 1/2 cheese.
- Repeat layers again , but without the cheese.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle remaining cheese over top and return to oven for 4 minutes or until the cheese melts.
Oh wow, this was so delicious and well received by everyone in our household, even our pickiest eater. It wasn't until I was dishing up the servings that I realized I had completely forgotten to include the green onions (oops!). And I used the more mild pepper option and used canned diced green chilies. Despite those two minor changes, this was a spectacular dish. I will definitely make this again (maybe even using jalapeno peppers for more depth of flavor). Thanks for sharing your recipe, weekend cooker.
This recipe was ok my family is very picky and I was trying to remake a recipe that someone made at a company function however, it was not the same recipe. I used 3 chicken Breast and fresh squeezed lime juice on the chicken and then I cooked the onions, cumin, jalapeno's and garlic. I then added the soup and warmed it up in the skillet with the onions, cumin, and garlic. I then added the chicken and spinach to the mixture and followed all other directions. I personally thought it wasn't to bad but I don't think will be making it anytime soon either the family didn't particularly care for it. I was surprised however, that you couldn't taste the spinach in the recipe.
This was good. I used 3 chicken breast that I cooked on the george forman grill. I also only used 2 jalapenos, a sliver of a palbano pepper and added some sun dried tomatoes. The flavors all came together well. Everyone liked it, I however didn't care much for the crunchy nacho chip texture. I may tweak this one a little but definately will make agian.Thanks for the change. Made for 123 Hits.