1/3 Photos of Jalapeno Chicken Casserole
weekend cooker's Note:
Instead of using jalapenos, you can substitute 1 (7 ounce) can chopped green chilies. It won't be as hot. You can also substitute turkey for the chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 6 jalapenos, seeded, and chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) sour cream
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (12 ounce) package nacho cheese flavored tortilla chips, slightly crushed
- 4 -5 cups cooked chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1Cook chicken breasts until done.
- 2In a large skillet saute onions in margarine.
- 3Drain spinach by using several paper towels to squeeze all water out of spinach.
- 4Add spinach, jalapenos, sour cream, chicken soup, salt, and ground cumin to onions and mix well.
- 5In a greased 9x13 inch baking dish, layer half of tortilla chips, half of chicken, half spinach soup mixture, and 1/2 cheese.
- 6Repeat layers again , but without the cheese.
- 7Bake covered at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- 8Uncover and sprinkle remaining cheese over top and return to oven for 4 minutes or until the cheese melts.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeno Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (432 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1270.5
- Calories from Fat 688
- Total Fat 76.5 g
- Saturated Fat 27.7 g
- Cholesterol 219.6 mg
- Sodium 2731.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 69.4 g