Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Excellent with onion and cheese focaccia and a cold brew.
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 6 jalapeno peppers, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 package frozen spinach
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 bag Frito corn chip
- 12 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
- brown in oil chicken pieces.
- add onions, garlic and peppers until onions are translucent.
- add cumin, chicken soup, spinach and salt and simmer 5 minutes.
- add sour cream heat through.
- salt and pepper to taste.
- put ½ mixture in baking dish.
- smash ½ of the Fritos and ½ of the Jack cheese in layer over chicken.
- make one more layer with remaining mixture.
- finish with more chips and cheese.
- sprinkle with cayenne pepper or chopped jalapenos to top.
- bake 50 minutes to 1 hour or until hot and bubbling.
- Easy basic recipe-- be careful with the spinach as a little goes a long way and too much can overpower things.
- Add more peppers to increase heat.