Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This delcious casserole is good for brunch or really any time of the day. I serve it with a dallop of sour cream. For sure a crowd pleaser!
- 1 garlic clove
- 5 jalapenos (diced)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 ounce) package spinach
- 4 cups cooked chicken (chopped)
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 cup tortilla chips (crushed)
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- Saute the first 7 ingredients in a skillet over medium high heat until onions are soft and translucent.
- Add the spinach, chicken, and sour cream and heat through and remove from heat.
- Place a third of the tortilla chips in the bottom of a casserole dish with 1/3 of the cheese and 1/2 of the chicken mixture. Reapeat in layers ending with the last 1/3 of the cheese.
- Bake on 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
I think this was pretty good, maybe not earth shattering, but worthwhile and certainly easy. Although, I think if I was trying to decide to make it or not based on the previous review, I think I might change my mind about making it or not a few times, I couldn't figure out what she meant lol!
Pretty darn good. Not over-whelmingly, I HAVE to make it again good, but definitely worthwhile. I may or may not make it again.