Recipe by babygirl65
This is served as an appetizer. It's really very good. Everytime I make it, either for the office or a family gathering, it disappears quickly!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 fresh jalapeno, stemmed, seeded & minced
- 2 cups grated colby or 2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese
- chopped plum tomato
- chopped green onion
- diced black olives
- chopped cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300. Lightly grease the sides of a 9" springform pan.
- Pour the melted butter over the crushed tortilla chips and toss to combine.
- Press on bottom and one-half inch up the sides of the pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- With an electric mixer at high speed, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat to incorporate.
- Reduce mixer to low and blend in flour and 1 cup sour cream. Beat until smooth.
- Add garlic, green chilies and minced jalapeno. Turn off mixer and stir in cheese.
- Pour filling into crust, and bake for 1 hour. Turn off oven for 1 hour with the door closed. Remove from oven and cool.
- When cool, loosen the cheesecake from the sides of the pan by running a knife around the inside edge.
- DO NOT REMOVE from pan. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, spring the pan and remove the cheesecake. Spread the remaining 1/2 cup sour cream evenly over the top and sprinkle with chopped tomatoes, green onions, olives and cilantro.
- Cut into thin wedges and watch it disappear!