Prep 15 mins
Cook 16 mins
A wonderful cheeseburger variation custom made for the grill.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons jalapeno peppers, seeded,chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Mexican seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 4 slices tomatoes (thick slices)
- 4 hamburger buns, split,toasted
- In medium bowl, combine ground beef, jalapeno pepper and Mexican seasoning, mixing lightly but+thoroughly.
- Shape into four 1/2" thick patties.
- Place patties on grid over medium ash-covered coals.
- Grill uncovered 14-16 minutes or until centers are no+longer pink, turning once.
- Approximately 1 minute before burgers are done, sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon cheese.
- Place one slice tomato on bottom half of+each bun; top with burger.
- Close sandwiches.
I love spicy food and I love burgers -Soooo great combination. My burger was a little dry but I do not fault the recipe as I used XXX lean meat and should have added a tbsp of say, BBQ sauce. Served with tomato slice as suggested also pickled Jalapenos, lettuce and sweet onion with mushrooms on the side. For the cheese I used Moorsdam a flavor loaded cheese - Thanks Thomas for a tasty Saturday Night Burger
These burgers turned out so well. It's getting pretty cold outside so we just put them on the stove to cook them but the flavor was outstanding.