Recipe by Thomas Danler
A wonderful cheeseburger variation custom made for the grill.
Top Review by Bergy
I love spicy food and I love burgers -Soooo great combination. My burger was a little dry but I do not fault the recipe as I used XXX lean meat and should have added a tbsp of say, BBQ sauce. Served with tomato slice as suggested also pickled Jalapenos, lettuce and sweet onion with mushrooms on the side. For the cheese I used Moorsdam a flavor loaded cheese - Thanks Thomas for a tasty Saturday Night Burger
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons jalapeno peppers, seeded,chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Mexican seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 4 slices tomatoes (thick slices)
- 4 hamburger buns, split,toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl, combine ground beef, jalapeno pepper and Mexican seasoning, mixing lightly but+thoroughly.
- Shape into four 1/2" thick patties.
- Place patties on grid over medium ash-covered coals.
- Grill uncovered 14-16 minutes or until centers are no+longer pink, turning once.
- Approximately 1 minute before burgers are done, sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon cheese.
- Place one slice tomato on bottom half of+each bun; top with burger.
- Close sandwiches.