Recipe by Oat57
A nice soup for cold winter days. You can adjust the heat by adding as many jalapenos as you like.
Top Review by Judikins
This is the recipe that is all over the internet; but when I made it, I altered it a bit by adding only 1 lb. Velveeta cheese, 1/2 pound Monterey Jack cheese, and 1/2 pound sharp cheddar cheese. I also added a couple diced tomatoes. The nice thing about it is that you can vary the amount of jalapenos to your taste.
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 8 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cups yellow onions, diced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 lbs Velveeta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup jalapeno pepper, Seeded and diced
- sour cream
- flour tortilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the Velveeta Cheese into cubes.
- In a large saucepan, place the Chicken Broth, Diced Celery, Diced Onions, Garlic Salt and White Pepper. Cook over high heat for 10 minutes, or until the mixture reduces and thickens slightly.
- In a blender or food processor, place the Broth and the Cubed Velveeta Cheese. Puree them together until the mixture is smooth. Return the pureed mixture to the saucepan and simmer it for 5 minutes. Add the Diced Jalapeno Peppers and mix thoroughly.
- Serve with a dollop of Sour Cream and a warm Flour Tortillas.