4 hrs 5 mins
3 hrs 30 mins
This recipe comes from a regional magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Proof yeast in warm water.
- 2In another bowl, combine milk, sugar, salt and shortening.
- 3Allow to cool until lukewarm.
- 4Add yeast and mix well.
- 5Add peppers, 1/2 c cheese, egg, nutmeg, sage, and 2 c flour.
- 6Beat until smooth.
- 7Add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- 8Knead on a floured surface until smooth and elastic.
- 9This should take about 8 minutes.
- 10Place in a greased bowl and turn to grease the top.
- 11Cover and let rise until the dough doubles.
- 12This should take about 1 1/2 hours.
- 13Punch down and cover.
- 14Let the dough rest for 10-15 minutes.
- 15Shape in a round loaf and put the dough in a greased 8-9" pie plate.
- 16Cover and let rise until the dough doubles again.
- 17This should take about 1 hour.
- 18Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- 19Place the remaining cheese on top and bake until the cheese melts and bread is done (about 15 minutes).
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeno Cheese Herb Bread
Serving Size: 1 (923 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2216.5
- Calories from Fat 571
- Total Fat 63.4 g
- Saturated Fat 26.2 g
- Cholesterol 291.3 mg
- Sodium 6183.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 335.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.7 g
- Sugars 29.1 g
- Protein 71.4 g