Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I saw this on the side of the Jim Dandy bag of grits and decided to make it several years ago. I've probably made it some 20 times since then because it is soooo good. Goes with anything.
- 1 cup grits
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese, cubed
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped pickled jalapeno pepper
- Cook grits in salted water about 4 minutes. Stir all the other ingredients together in a bowl. Remove grits from heat and stir in the rest of the ingredients, until cheeses have mostly melted. Pour into a casserole dish and bake 1 hour at 350.
- *For a more souffle like version, use 1/2 c butter, 4 eggs, add 1 c milk, omit worcesterwhire, and cut pepperjack in half.