Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A want-to-try recipe from Best of Country Cooking.
- 1 (16 ounce) package process American cheese, cubed
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup jalapeno pepper, canned diced, drained
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine cheese and milk.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 minutes; stir.
- Cook 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted; stir until smooth.
- Stir in jalapenos.
- Serve warm.
- Yield: about 2-1/3 cups.
Made this for Cinco de Mayo celebration. This is now a favorite of my DH's who absolutely loves jalapenos! The evaporated milk adds some unexpected yet delightful richness and creaminess. Thanks, Whatcha Cookin', Mom! Made for Aussie NZ Recipe Swap #16.