Recipe by paula giles
I would have never thought low fat cornbread could be so good. This is a weight watchers recipe that I make on a regular basis, even for guests. Nobody knows the difference.Each muffin as 100 cal. or 3 pts.
- 1 1⁄4 cups cornmeal
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 package artificial sweetener
- 1 cup buttermilk, plus
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped pickled jalapeno pepper
- 1⁄3 cup extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- Pam cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Spray muffin tin with Pam.
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Add corn, cheese, jalapeno and stir to distribute.
- Add buttermilk and beaten egg.
- Mix just until combined and moistened.
- Pour into muffin tins.
- Bake 20-25 min or until brown on top.