Recipe by UT Theta Chef
A great recipe that's quick and easy to make. I got it from a Merchant Mariner and have used it for years. Definitely a favorite and often asked for recipe.
Top Review by Kimberley R.
Love this recipe. I always bake mine up in a cast iron skillet and it takes less time to make. I also did not have regular milk one evening and used buttermilk in its place and it was amazing.
- 354.88 ml cornmeal
- 591.47 ml flour
- 19.71 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 4 eggs
- 118.29 ml oil
- 591.47 ml milk
- 59.14 ml pickled jalapeno pepper, minced
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first 5 ingredients in large bowl
- Mix eggs, oil, and milk well in separate bowl.
- Pour liquid into dry mixing lightly (batter will be very lumpy).
- Add jalapeno and cheese mixing just until blended (batter should still be lumpy).
- Pour into greased 13x9 baking dish.
- Bake at 400 for 40 - 45 minute until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.