A great recipe that's quick and easy to make. I got it from a Merchant Mariner and have used it for years. Definitely a favorite and often asked for recipe.
- Mix first 5 ingredients in large bowl
- Mix eggs, oil, and milk well in separate bowl.
- Pour liquid into dry mixing lightly (batter will be very lumpy).
- Add jalapeno and cheese mixing just until blended (batter should still be lumpy).
- Pour into greased 13x9 baking dish.
- Bake at 400 for 40 - 45 minute until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.