Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A great recipe that's quick and easy to make. I got it from a Merchant Mariner and have used it for years. Definitely a favorite and often asked for recipe.
- Mix first 5 ingredients in large bowl
- Mix eggs, oil, and milk well in separate bowl.
- Pour liquid into dry mixing lightly (batter will be very lumpy).
- Add jalapeno and cheese mixing just until blended (batter should still be lumpy).
- Pour into greased 13x9 baking dish.
- Bake at 400 for 40 - 45 minute until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
Great. I did bake it in a hot,oiled cast iron skillet and it turned out beautiful.
I just made this and had to try some. DELICIOUS.
These are the modifications I made and it is seriously awesome.
- Halved the recipe - baked in a 8x8 pan
- Instead of oil used melted butter
- Used soymilk instead of regular milk (it's all I had)
- Added about 2/3 cup frozen corn
I will definitely make these again!
Excellent cornbread. The texture was just perfect. I used 5 fresh jalapenos instead of the pickled and that worked well for us. Only used half the sugar because we prefer a less sweet cornbread and baked it in my large iron skillet. Excellent. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 2010 :)