Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This corn bread is studded with plenty of goodies: Whole pieces of corn, bits of jalapeno pepper and melted Monterey jack cheese throughout.
- 236.59 ml yellow cornmeal
- 236.59 ml flour
- 78.07 ml sugar or 118.32 ml Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 44.37 ml canola oil
- 236.59 ml shredded monterey jack cheese (4-ounces)
- 311.84 g can whole kernel corn, drained
- 44.37 ml chopped pickled jalapeno peppers
- Preheat oven to 375; lightly grease 8-inch-square baking pan.
- Combine corn meal,flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine milk, eggs,and oil in a medium bowl.
- Add to corn meal mixture; stir until combined.
- Stir in cheese, corn, and jalapenos; pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until woooden tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack, serve warm.
This was AWESOME!!! If I could give it 10 stars, I would. My guests enjoyed it as much as my husband and I did, and it was a perfect accompaniment to my turkey chili. I doubled the recipe successfully. The only change made was to the amount of jalapenos -- I used only about 1 tablespoon in the doubled recipe, and it was perfect. Any more and I'm afraid I wouldn't have been able to eat it. Such delicious flavor and texture -- will definitely make this again and again!!
Very good. Went great with the chili. I think I will try it next time with sharp cheddar instead of Jack cheese, just because we like a stronger cheese flavor. Thanks for posting this, Barb.