Cook2 hrs 30 mins
Give me this bread with some wine and I'm a happy girl. It has just the right bite and coarse texture to it. It pairs nicely with anything from chili night to a cocktail party. Love it! These measurements call for a 1 lb. loaf.
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄8 cup water
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons seeded and chopped fresh jalapeno peppers (about 3 peppers) or 2 tablespoons canned diced jalapeno peppers
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast, for all bread machines
- Place all ingredients in bread pan in order according to your bread machine.
- Select Light Crust setting and press Start.
- After baking cycle ends, remove bread from pan, place on cooling rack, and allow to cool 1 hour before slicing if you can control yourself!