Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great appetizer for any party. Can also be given as a Christmas gift, along with a bottle of wine and gourmet crackers.
- 1 lb shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, chopped & seeded or
- 3 tablespoons sliced jalapeno peppers (from a jar)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- Put cheese, onion, garlic,& peppers in food processor.
- Process until grated and combined.
- Transfer to bowl, and mix in mayonnaise (if needed, can add a little more mayonnaise). Chill until firm.
- Shape into ball and roll in pecans or walnuts.
- Serve with assorted crackers.
This is good and hot. I think I would only use one jalapeno next time. Thanks for sharing the recipe.