Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Posted for Zaar World Tour 2005
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seed if you prefer less heat
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix the evaporated milk, water, eggs, Cheddar cheese, flour, baking powder,butter, green onions and jalapeno peppers.
- Spread mixture evenly into the baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven 30 to 35 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool, cut into 1 inch squares and serve.
I made these to take to a cook-out as I was elected to bring appetizers. I was sure anything from the "World Tour" would be absolutely delicious. Five squares were eaten, the rest were left.
These are great!! Fast, easy & delicious!! I'm going to try them w/poblano peppers next time. This is an easy dish to multiply for party food. Thanks, Sista!!