Recipe by KPD
Very easy, savory cornbread recipe using jiffy cornbread mix. Can add 1/4 cup sliced green onions if desired. If you don't like too much spice, add less jalapenos! I actually use a whole 4 ounce can of jalapenos! I always use mini muffin tins. If mixture is too thick, use a splash of milk to thin it out. I live at high altitude, so I add 2 tablespoons flour. Recipe edited to include milk.
Top Review by strindo
I agree with the other reviewers that these are delicious. I really like the slight sweetness of Jiffy mix and they're really light. I will make again but will reduce the butter and cheese by half. I didn't use salt - none needed. I used 2 aluminum/disposable mini bread loaf pans and cooked for 20 minutes. They were still very loose in the center but I think from so much butter and cheese. Would be perfect for a black iron skillet or cornbread pan! They do rise a little so don't fill batter all the way to top of skillet/pan.
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons canned jalapeno peppers, diced and drained well
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cornbread mix, egg and butter in a mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients. Combine well. Mixture will be thick and lumpy.
- Place cornbread in a greased muffin tin, mini muffin tin or 2-quart casserole dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until cornbread is golden brown.