These are great with a bowl of soup or with vegetables from the garden.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon seeded finely chopped fresh jalapeno pepper
- 1 3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned creamed corn (from a 14 oz. can)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1Lightly butter 12 muffin cups; set aside.
- 2Add 1/2 cup butter to a large skillet, melt over medium-high heat.
- 3Add the onion and cook for 8 minutes or until golden; remove the skillet from the heat; add jalapeno pepper; stir to combine.
- 4In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; stir to combine.
- 5In another bowl, add the corn, buttermilk, egg, Tabasco, and the onion mixture; whisk until blended.
- 6Add the corn mixture to the dry ingredients, along with 1 cup cheese.
- 7Stir until just moistened; do not overmix.
- 8Pour batter evenly into 12 muffin cups.
- 9Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- 10Bake at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until golden and wooden pick comes out clean.
- 11Cool on a wire rack before removing from the pan.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeno-Cheddar Corn Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.8
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 53.6 mg
- Sodium 390.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 7.9 g