Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are great with a bowl of soup or with vegetables from the garden.
Make and share this Jalapeno-Cheddar Corn Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon seeded finely chopped fresh jalapeno pepper
- 1 3⁄4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned creamed corn (from a 14 oz. can)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Lightly butter 12 muffin cups; set aside.
- Add 1/2 cup butter to a large skillet, melt over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 8 minutes or until golden; remove the skillet from the heat; add jalapeno pepper; stir to combine.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; stir to combine.
- In another bowl, add the corn, buttermilk, egg, Tabasco, and the onion mixture; whisk until blended.
- Add the corn mixture to the dry ingredients, along with 1 cup cheese.
- Stir until just moistened; do not overmix.
- Pour batter evenly into 12 muffin cups.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until golden and wooden pick comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack before removing from the pan.