Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A delightful sweet-spicy treat. They will freeze well. Great with a meal, a snack, even breakfast. They're wonderful with honey butter
- 473.18 ml yellow cornmeal
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 19.71 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 73.94 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml salt
- 473.18 ml buttermilk
- 4 eggs
- 118.29 ml melted butter
- 283.49 g shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 78.07 ml frozen corn kernels (optional)
- 4 jalapenos, minced
- 1-2 jalapeno, cut in thin slices
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray muffin tins with butter flavor cooking spray.
- combine the eggs,buttermilk,and melted butter in a bowl.
- In another large bowl Combine all the dry ingredients and whisk together to blend.
- Add the shredded Cheddar and the corn kernels to the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix gently, until everything is moist (do not over mix).
- Divide the batter evenly between the 24 muffins. It should be about 3/4 of the way full.
- place a thin slice of jalapeño on the top of each muffin and bake for about 25 minutes or until brown.
These are very tasty! I did everything as outlined. This does make a lot--not 12, more like 24! Thanks!
I'm not one for baking but this was incredibly easy to make. It has a great taste and I will make it again. Thanks for the recipe. I made mine in a cast iron pan instead of in muffin tins, worked great too.
I have to admit, I have been making these for at least a month or so and here I am just now rating them. These are wonderful. To make things easier, I seed my peppers and run them through the chopper...I do make one adjustment that that is adding more corn, almost a cup to be exact. Also, I am not sure where the 12 servings comes from on here but everytime I have made these I end up with about 24 or so average size muffins.