Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my family's favorite burger. I got the idea from my local HEB meat department. Rather than pay through the nose, I decided to make my own.
- 4 lbs ground sirloin (80/20)
- 8 ounces diced sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 4 diced jalapenos
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 8 Pretzel rolls
- Dice cheese into small cubes (best done with cheese cold).
- Dice the jalapenos. (seeds and all if you want the heat).
- Coarsely chop the parsley.
- Mix cheese, jalapenos, parsley, Cajon seasoning with mayo.
- Mix mixture into to ground beef. Do not over work, but try to make sure the cheese is distributed evenly. Pat beef into 1/2 pound patties ( I use a patty press). Refrigerate.
- Melt butter and sauté garlic. Spread garlic butter on both top and bottom of buns.
- Place burgers on hot grill. Rotate 90 degrees after 3-4 minutes. Turn over after 3-4 more and repeat. This will give you a great diamond grill marks. Remove from heat and let rest for 10 min while toasting the buns.
- Place the buttered buns on grill and lightly toast. Watch them closely or they will burn.
- Place burger on bun and add condiments. I like mine with just spicy mustard and pickles.