Pokey in San Antonio, TX's Note:
This is my family's favorite burger. I got the idea from my local HEB meat department. Rather than pay through the nose, I decided to make my own.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dice cheese into small cubes (best done with cheese cold).
- 2Dice the jalapenos. (seeds and all if you want the heat).
- 3Coarsely chop the parsley.
- 4Mix cheese, jalapenos, parsley, Cajon seasoning with mayo.
- 5Mix mixture into to ground beef. Do not over work, but try to make sure the cheese is distributed evenly. Pat beef into 1/2 pound patties ( I use a patty press). Refrigerate.
- 6Melt butter and sauté garlic. Spread garlic butter on both top and bottom of buns.
- 7Place burgers on hot grill. Rotate 90 degrees after 3-4 minutes. Turn over after 3-4 more and repeat. This will give you a great diamond grill marks. Remove from heat and let rest for 10 min while toasting the buns.
- 8Place the buttered buns on grill and lightly toast. Watch them closely or they will burn.
- 9Place burger on bun and add condiments. I like mine with just spicy mustard and pickles.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeno Cheddar Burger
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 583.0
- Calories from Fat 352
- Total Fat 39.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.0 g
- Cholesterol 193.4 mg
- Sodium 404.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 52.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: