Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Jalapeno lovers will crave this bread! I make it 2 or 3 times per week. My guests beg for the recipe, and yours will too!
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced jalapeno (from jar)
- 2⁄3 cup sharp cheddar cheese, diced or shredded
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 7⁄8 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup brine, from jalapeno pepper jar
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Add ingredients in order listed above.
- Combine water and Jalapeno juice in glass measuring cup. Microwave on"high" for 1 minute (should be 110 degrees).
- Use regular bread setting, medium crust, 1 1/2 lb loaf.
Excellent recipe, great flavor. I used cubes of sharp cheddar and fresh jalapeno and baked in oven. Definitely worth trying.
The most fantastic bread I have ever made. My dh ate the whole loaf in one sitting and forbade me from ever making it again! I took that as the highest compliment to Gerald. I am making more right now, but will shape it into buns to put pulled pork on. Yum, yum. This bread is light and airy with just the right zing. Well done!
This bread is awesome! I made it to serve with chili and it really hit the spot. I was a little nervous about the jalapenos plus the brine but it wasn't too spicy. I also used extra sharp cheddar and I thought it could've stood a little more cheese. DH ate 4 slices! What better testimonial is there?