1/1 Photo of Jalapeno Cheddar Bread
3 hrs 30 mins
This works so nice to zip up a sandwich or try it buttered and placed on a griddle till golden brown and serve with a soup or salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (2 1/2 ounce) packages yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 3/4 cups milk, scalded
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 6 -7 cups flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3 -4 whole canned jalapenos or 3 -4 whole pickled jalapeno peppers, coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into small piece (or shredded)
- 1Soften yeast in water.
- 2After scalding milk add sugar, shortening, and salt to it and stir till shortening melts. Cool to warm and add cornmeal and eggs. Then add to yeast and add 2-1/2 c flour mixing well.
- 3Add enough flour to make a soft dough.
- 4Finally add pepper and cheese, and mix just till well blended.
- 5Lightly grease a large bowl and place dough in turning once to coat.
- 6Cover and let raise 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- 7Punch down divide in 1/2 and let rest for 10 minutes.
- 8Form into 2 round or regular loaves and place in greased pans or on greased cookie sheets.
- 9Let rise covered until doubled.
- 10Bake 375 for 30-35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeno Cheddar Bread
Serving Size: 1 (2081 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2900.2
- Calories from Fat 843
- Total Fat 93.7 g
- Saturated Fat 40.1 g
- Cholesterol 360.4 mg
- Sodium 4433.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 406.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 30.1 g
- Sugars 36.3 g
- Protein 112.8 g