This one will outshine a big bowl of chili. Adapted from a recipe by Chef Peter Oleyer which he serves at Calexico Carne Asada.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small skillet, melt 1/2 tablespoon of butter. Saute jalapenos until soft, about 2 minutes. Place in a small bowl with Cheddar cheese and coat with 1 tablespoon of flour. In another bowl, combine the rest of the flour with baking powder and salt. Cut in remaining butter with a fork until the butter is pea-size.
- 2Lightly whip eggs and cream and add to the flour-and-butter mixture. Using a wooden spoon, fold mixture until it begins to come together. Add the Cheddar-and-jalapeno mixture to the dough and mix until everything is incorporated. Refrain from over mixing.
- 3Turn out the dough onto a well-floured surface and knead gently for less than one minute. Roll dough 3/4 to 1-inch thick and cut into 8 triangles. Brush with egg wash and place on well-oiled baking sheet.
- 4Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeno Cheddar Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (745 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 343.8
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 112.3 mg
- Sodium 640.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 8.7 g