Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This one is from Cooking with Regis and Kathy Lee, but a very tasty dish.
- 1 (7 ounce) can green chilies, drained
- 3 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- sliced avocado (to garnish)
- sour cream (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Lightly butter an 11x7-inch glass baking pan.
- Arrange the chiles on the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Top with an even layer of the cheese and then the sliced tomatoes.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs until they are frothy.
- Gradually whisk in the evaporated milk, flour and salt.
- Carefully pour over the layers in the dish.
- Bake 50-60 min, or until lightly browned.
- Serve in squares and garnish with sour cream and avacados slices.