Recipe by Kim D.
I adopted this recipe in 2006. I haven't yet tried these brownies, but I plan to very soon.
Top Review by kim_michele
The brownies are great. I seeded the jalapeÃ±os and only added 3 Thai chili peppers. I did a taste test w/ my b-friend and co-workers - all said it could be spicier, so I am making them just as the directions instruct. Update will be later :)
- 2⁄3 cup semisweet chocolate or 2⁄3 cup bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 large jalapeno peppers, minced
- 6 -8 fresh Thai red chili peppers, minced
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly oil a 9-by-13-inch pan.
- Melt butter and chocolate together in a double boiler.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk or beat the eggs with the salt until foamy.
- Add the sugar and vanilla and beat until well blended.
- Add the chocolate-butter mixture and stir until just combined.
- Sift flour and cocoa together.
- Add the flour and cocoa powder and mix until almost blended.
- Fold in the jalapeños, chilies and nuts.
- Transfer batter to the prepared pan and bake until the top forms a cracked crust and the inside looks slightly moist, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Allow to cool, then cut into squares and dust with powdered sugar.