Recipe by Dragonfly AZ
Easy, low carb alternative to jalapeno poppers--and every bit as good. Don't be afraid to try these--taking the membranes and the seeds out of the jalapenos takes away most of the heat.
Top Review by Suzyq6078
I would give this more than 5 stars, but (my fault) I used frozen jalapeno peppers (have lots in my freezer from the garden) They were too soft, but the flavor was GREAT. Next time I'll use fresh! Thanks for posting this recipe.
- 8 fresh jalapeno peppers
- 1⁄2 cup cooked shrimp, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon bacon bits
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon garlic powder
- red pepper flakes, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the stem of each jalapeno, being careful not to cut into the cavity of the pepper.
- Cut jalapenos in half, lengthwise and remove seeds and membranes. Microwave jalapenos at 80% power for 4-7 minutes, or until they are slightly soft.
- Mix remaining ingredients and spoon into jalapeno halves.
- Broil for 5 minutes, or until cheese mixture is lightly browned.
- Serve warm.