Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy, low carb alternative to jalapeno poppers--and every bit as good. Don't be afraid to try these--taking the membranes and the seeds out of the jalapenos takes away most of the heat.
- 8 fresh jalapeno peppers
- 1⁄2 cup cooked shrimp, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon bacon bits
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon garlic powder
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- Slice the stem of each jalapeno, being careful not to cut into the cavity of the pepper.
- Cut jalapenos in half, lengthwise and remove seeds and membranes. Microwave jalapenos at 80% power for 4-7 minutes, or until they are slightly soft.
- Mix remaining ingredients and spoon into jalapeno halves.
- Broil for 5 minutes, or until cheese mixture is lightly browned.
- Serve warm.
I would give this more than 5 stars, but (my fault) I used frozen jalapeno peppers (have lots in my freezer from the garden) They were too soft, but the flavor was GREAT. Next time I'll use fresh! Thanks for posting this recipe.
I love these! I think I made them 3 days straight, and then forgot to comment. Great idea, perfect lowcarb tasty snack.
Mine turned out not so pretty and I didn't expect them to taste very good, but was pleasantly surprised. They were great. I didn't add shrimp, only because I didn't have any so added some extra bacon. Thanks for sharing.