Prep 8 mins
Cook 15 mins
Here's a dip you can make to suit your heat sensor--make it super hot, hot, or mild; it's still DELICIOUS AND SATISFYING with your choice of chips.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped jalapeno
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded (and divided)
- finely diced tomatoes (optional)
- Mix all ingredients, but just 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Transfer to oven-proof dish and top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve with your choice of chips.
- Enjoy with a cold drink.
It was okay. Next time I would use less mayonnaise because I could taste a lot of mayo in the dip. I used 2 whole chopped jalapenos and extra pepper and garlic to hide the may taste
I made this for our Chrismas party and printed out the recipe for three people during the party! Everybody loved it. I used a mexican cheese blend because that was what I had, and added enough jalapenos to make it have some zing. I will make this often.
I thoroughly enjoyed this dip! I love black beans in almost anything, so I was really excited to make this dip. I used sour cream instead of mayonnaise (sorry, I abhor mayo), and used 3/4 can of Rotel instead of the chopped jalapenos and diced tomatoes. (the dip was very mild and family friendly). I also mashed half of the beans with a potato masher. I will most definitely be making this again; I can almost make a meal out of just this and some bite-size Tostitos. Yummy! Thanks for the recipe. :)